Prior to joining Felesky Flynn and pursuing a career in tax law, Michael practised for several years at an international accounting firm. He was designated as a Chartered Professional Accountant after achieving National Honour Roll standing on CPA Canada’s Common Final Exam. With experience in both taxation and assurance roles, Michael strives to bring a practical and solutions-oriented approach to problems of all sizes and scope.
Michael completed his Juris Doctor degree at the University of Alberta in 2022, where he was awarded the gold medal as the graduating student with the highest academic standing. During his time at the Faculty of Law, he was also the recipient of the Felesky Flynn LLP Scholarship in Taxation Law and Canadian Petroleum Tax Society Prize in Corporate Taxation.
Outside the office, Michael is an avid golfer, baseball fan, and angler.
- Juris Doctor (JD), with Distinction, 2022
- Qualified as a Chartered Professional Accountant, 2018
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), with Distinction, 2015
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
- Member, Ukrainian Shumka Dancers Finance Committee