Colin has a broad tax law practice that includes corporate tax planning, corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisition, tax dispute resolution. Colin holds both his Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Calgary.
Prior to joining Felesky Flynn LLP, Colin clerked at the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and was an associate at a Canadian national law firm.
In law school, Colin was the recipient of various academic awards, including the Ronald D. Bell Scholarship in recognition of having the top grades in basic and corporate tax law. Colin was also an avid mooter, winning the Donald G.H. Bowman National Tax Moot in 2016 and the Alberta Court of Appeal Moot in 2015.
Colin also volunteers with Student Legal Assistance and the Business Venture Clinic at the University of Calgary law school.
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2017
- Clerked at the Court of Queen’s Bench, 2016 – 2017
- Juris Doctor (JD), University of Calgary, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) (with distinction), University of Calgary, 2011
- In Depth Tax Course (Levels I, II & III), CPA Canada, 2021
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association